Take the anxiety out of your road trip with the power of a reliable batterySubmitted by MyPressportal Team
The Easter holiday is one of the busiest times on South Africa’s roads, as families and friends head out to visit loved ones or explore the country’s beauty and discover hidden gems. Whether you're caravanning, powerboating, or jet skiing, chances are your mode of transport will need a reliable battery to get you to your adventure.
"Many motorists check their oil, wheels and petrol, but forget about their battery until it fails," said Murray Long, Managing Director at South Africa's leading energy solutions provider, First National Battery. "Almost 30% of cars need a new battery every couple of years. Therefore, we encourage motorists to check their vehicle and leisure batteries at least twice a year," he added.
Avoid losing your holiday spark because of a breakdown or being stranded on the side of the road or open water and look out for the tell-tale signs of a failing battery. Check that your battery is well-taken care of and ready for your adventure.
Batteries often fail when least expected, and they do so for several reasons. They can be old; a well-maintained battery lasts between five and seven years. Cold temperatures can cause irreversible damage, and if you don’t keep the battery fully charged every time you store them, they drain, and their lifespan is shortened.
Signs of a failing car battery
The signs of a failing motor vehicle battery are also easy to spot. Your car will be slow to start, the headlights may be dimmer than usual, or the battery warning light on the dashboard will switch on.2
Choose the right battery3, 4
A car battery is not suited for a caravan, powerboat, jet ski, or golf cart. Use a high quality, reliable, and robust leisure battery instead, that will ensure all systems, such as radio, TV, refrigerator, and anti-theft systems, are operating as they should. And best of all, using the right battery for the application will correct irregularities in the power supply, keeping you and your investments safe.
Check battery regularly4
Use a multimeter to determine the battery charge level. If it falls to 50% or below, charge the battery. If you allow the battery to run flat, you'll reduce the battery lifespan and will need to replace it sooner than you had planned.
TLC for the terminals4
Check that the terminals are fitted securely and not covered in dirt or corroding, which can interrupt power flow. If necessary, apply a thin layer of vaseline to the terminals.
To top up, or not?4
Ask the experts if how you should top up to make sure the lead plates are always covered. And remember safety first.
Take the anxiety out of this holiday season by taking care of the one thing you can control—ensuring a reliable and trustworthy battery for your leisure activities. Ask the trusted battery solutions providerto test your battery for free, or if need be, recommend the right battery to keep you safe on the road and make happy memories.
-- ENDS --
ISSUED ON BEHALF OF FIRST NATIONAL BATTERY BY G&G DIGITAL.
First National Battery is South Africa's leading battery manufacturer for industries and applications rangingfrom automotive (including industrial, commercial and passenger vehicles), mining, railway and renewable energy to surface traction, telecommunicationsand standby battery solutions. Their vehicle battery solutions are trusted by all leading carmanufacturers in South Africa. They produce more than 2.2 million batteries each year and export their leading solutions to morethan 40 countries.
- Classic Motorhome Owner. Motorhome Leisure Battery Drain? Causes and Cures. https://classicmotorhomeowner.com/motorhome-leisure-battery-drain-causes-and-cures/. Accessed on 31 March 2022.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care. How Driving Short Distances Affects Your Car. https://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/blog/driving/how-short-distances-affect-your-car/#. Accessed on 28 March 2022.
- Lloyd's Automotive Service. The Importance of a Good Battery in Your Vehicle. https://lloydsautomotive.net/importance-good-battery-vehicle/. Accessed on 31 March 2022.
- Lifesure. Everything you need to know about caravan & motorhome leisure batteries. https://www.lifesure.co.uk/articles/everything-you-need-to-know-about-caravan-leisure-batteries. Accessed on 31 March 2022.
We submit press releases on behalf of clients.
Latest press releases
- The Flavours of Africa: Cultural Cooking and Continental Cuisine!
- Flamenco Dance “From Triana to Granada” at Artscape
- Celebrating Our Favourite Hero’s This Father’s Day
- Reason to celebrate on Africa Day as free trade agreement opens new possibilities
- Jameson’s Month of Comedy refined and re-imagined by RAPT Creative