KLM To Operate 10 Weekly Flights Between Cape Town And Amsterdam From NovemberSubmitted by El Broide
In 2022, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will celebrate 30 years of flying between Cape Town and Amsterdam. As travel demand between the cities continues to increase, the airline is proud to announce that it will be celebrating this milestone by adding three additional direct flights between the two cities per week from the beginning of November this year.
This means that KLM will operate 10 weekly flights between Cape Town and Amsterdam. The increase comes shortly after the announcement that KLM will operate daily flights out of Cape Town commencing from 11 July 2022.
The flights will be operated by the airline’s flagship Boeing 787 aircraft. The Dreamliner offers 30 Business class seats and 272 in Economy class and remains one of the most popular aircrafts in the brand’s fleet.
The new flight schedule from 01 November 2022 will be as below:
Day of operation Flight number Route Departure time (LT) Arrival time (LT)
Daily KL597 Amsterdam – Cape Town 10:15 22:25
Daily KL598 Cape Town – Amsterdam 00:15 10:50
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday KL595 Amsterdam – Cape Town 18:25 06:30 (+1)
Wednesday, Friday, Sunday KL596 Cape Town – Amsterdam 08:20 18:55
It is now possible for fully vaccinated travellers from South Africa to enter The Netherlands with no quarantine restrictions or test requirements. Additionally, as of May 21, the use of face masks is no longer mandatory on board aircrafts to the Netherlands and at Dutch airports. However, in line with regulations set by the South African government, face masks on flights to South Africa and in South African airports remain mandatory.
The current entry regulations are listed below:
- Vaccinated travellers are now able to enter The Netherlands with proof of vaccination, subject to visa requirements. They must also complete a ‘Vaccine Declaration COVID-19 form’.
- The EU entry ban still applies for unvaccinated travellers who may only enter the Netherlands if you fall under one of the exemption categories, subject to visa requirements.
There are no specific requirements for passengers transiting via Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The entry and exit regulations of the country of final destination must be adhered to. These can be checked at https://klm.traveldoc.aero. Travellers are also encouraged to check entry requirements before arriving in The Netherlands at https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry.
The Platinum ClubEl Broide
The Platinum Club is a boutique entertainment, lifestyle and travel PR agency based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Latest press releases
- How Some Of Mzansi's Hottest Content Creators Kick-Started Their Careers
- Jacaranda FM’s Martin Bester Shares His Top Five Foodie Hotspots In Jozi
- Daniel Baron Releases Emotional Ballad ‘Roses’ As He Celebrates Two SAMA Nominations
- Five Local Celebrities Share Their Heartfelt Messages For Mzansi’s Youth
- The DStv Content Creator Awards Extends Entry Deadline