Jock Safari Lodge re-opens Fitzpatrick’s Family Camp in the Kruger National ParkSubmitted by JANIE VAN DER SPUY
Located in the heart of the Kruger National Park, private and exclusive Fitzpatrick’s Lodge at Jock Safari LodgeThe child-friendly, private camp can accommodate up to six guests in three suites and is booked on an exclusive-use basis.
Situated on the banks of the Biyamiti River, Fitzpatrick’s presents excellent game viewing from the lodge, including regular sightings of the Big 5. Twice daily game drives are offered, as well as guided wilderness walks. The luxuriously appointed camp caters for small parties of friends or family travelling together and comes with a comfortable lounge and separate TV room, as well as indoor and outdoor dining areas, plus a private boma and swimming pool.
The one unit comprises of two luxury suites with bathrooms sharing a private entrance and foyer, as well as a private deck and plunge pool. Separately located, the third suite is completely private, also boasting its own plunge pool and deck with views across the riverbed and wilderness.
Steeped in history as the first private game lodge within South Africa’s largest National Park, Jock pays tribute to the legend of Sir Percy FitzPatrick and his feisty dog, Jock. The area in and around the 6000-hectare concession is known for an abundance of birdlife and a staggering diversity of wildlife, including the Big 5 and wild dog.
Fitzpatrick’s at Jock welcomes children of all ages and offers a Kids on Safari programme that encourages educational and recreational wildlife activities. Each child receives a gift and activity pack on arrival while a range of outdoor activities, arts, crafts and games are on offer, based on the ages and preference of the children.
Latest press releases
- The Liz McGrath collection unveils new-look interiors at the Plettenberg and The Marine
- International Restaurant Award puts the Southern Kalahari on the culinary map - Restaurant Klein Jan honoured at La Liste Awards 2022 as ‘International Hidden Gem’
- Chefs Warehouse Tintswalo Atlantic Voted 'Africa's Best New Restaurant'
- Western Cape reaches conservation milestone with Sanbona’s registration as Non-Profit Corporation
- The All-New ‘Deep South Eatery’ is open for business in Glencairn (Cape Town)