It’s a given that we will continue to reproduce… its part of the survival function of our race. Our environment is being spent at an alarming rate. Global warming is rising exponentially partly due to a lack of education on our part. Nature always finds a balance but in the case of global warming that balance is going to be found somewhere where we are no longer part of the picture. What can we do?
For a start, lets all become responsible and accountable for the impact we have on the environment. You could live without electricity and home comforts and resort to using a bicycle instead of a car but that is not very practical to the man on the street. Or… we could adapt our lifestyles to be more eco-sensitive without cutting our earthly comforts.
Here are some adaptations we could make:
- Install solar water heating systems. Not only will you reduce your electricity bill but will also be part of the green movement.
- See what appliances you could run off solar power. Get a solar power station and run basic things around the house for free using the abundant sun energy available.
- Reduce your water and sewage usage. Fit basin aerators and shower adaptors which will reduce the amount of water used by up to 50% without any loss in comfort to you. Doing this will also directly reduce your water heating requirements. Also, install a water saving unit in your toilet cistern like Save-A-Flush to reduce the amount of water being flushed away by up to 5%.
- Use a fuel combustion enhancer in your vehicles which will drastically reduce emissions and reduce your fuel consumption by 10-20%. The long term benefit is a longer lasting engine too.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs. Why use a 100W bulb when a 15W CFL lamp will give you adequate lighting?
We at Green Online supply a range of products which could help you adapt your lifestyle to be more “green”. Our prices are cut to the bone as we believe “going green” should be as attractive as possible so we can all make a difference. Visit us at www.greenonline.co.za . We have many products which will make that special gift over the festive season. Why not give the environment a gift and buy a “green” product for that someone special!