Face Masks No Longer Mandatory On KLM Flights To The Netherlands From 21 MaySubmitted by El Broide
Last week, the European Aviation Authority (EASA) announced that the international guidelines are being adjusted. Therefore, the rules in the Netherlands are also changing. As of Saturday, May 21, wearing a face mask is no longer mandatory at Dutch airports.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is pleased to announce that as of May 21, the use of face masks is no longer mandatory on board aircrafts to the Netherlands and at Dutch airports. However, the airline insists that should the country of destination still require the use of face masks on board, passengers should comply.
People with fragile health are advised to wear a face mask (voluntarily).
It is now possible for fully vaccinated travellers from South Africa to enter The Netherlands with no quarantine restrictions or test requirements.The current entry regulations are listed below:
- Vaccinated travellers are now able to enter The Netherlands with proof of vaccination, subject to visa requirements. They must also complete a ‘Vaccine Declaration COVID-19 form’.
- The EU entry ban still applies for unvaccinated travellers who may only enter the Netherlands if you fall under one of the exemption categories, subject to visa requirements. A ‘Health Declaration’ is also still required.
There are no specific requirements for passengers transiting via Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The entry and exit regulations of the country of final destination must be adhered to. These can be checked at https://klm.traveldoc.aero. Travellers are also encouraged to check entry requirements before arriving in The Netherlands at https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/checklist-entry.
Please note it is still mandatory to wear face masks in the Terminal buildings of South African airports.
The Platinum ClubEl Broide
The Platinum Club is a boutique entertainment, lifestyle and travel PR agency based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Latest press releases
- Jacaranda FM’s Martin Bester Shares His Top Five Foodie Hotspots In Jozi
- Daniel Baron Releases Emotional Ballad ‘Roses’ As He Celebrates Two SAMA Nominations
- Five Local Celebrities Share Their Heartfelt Messages For Mzansi’s Youth
- The DStv Content Creator Awards Extends Entry Deadline
- Kriya Gangiah’s Top 5 Local Winter Destinations