The delegation, organised by Invest Northern Ireland, a UK regional economic development agency, will visit Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town, supported by UK Trade & Investment.
Most of the companies in the delegation are new to the South African market, but are experienced exporters, and are keen to develop business relationships with firms here, particularly through the appointment of distributors.
Learning Pool Ltd, a developer of e-learning procurement products for the public sector, will be announcing its entry into the South African market. Using the trip to further enhance a multi-million partnership with the Johannesburg-based Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, the company will bring innovative procurement training products to government departments across South Africa.
The delegation is broadly representative of industry in machinery engineering especially in terms of diesel power generation and screening, conveying and recycling (Northern Ireland is a global leader in mobile crushing, washing and recycling equipment), ICT, life sciences and agri-products (agriculture and food processing is the region’s biggest single industry).
Leading the delegation is Dr Vicky Kell, Invest Northern Ireland Trade Director, who describes the mission as “ an important initiative to strengthen business and other relationships with the South African business community”.
Dr Kell adds, “South Africa is a rapidly developing market with strong economic growth and high potential offering Northern Ireland companies a breadth of opportunity for innovative and export focused business.
“I also believe there is substantial potential for companies in South Africa to explore new markets or expand their sales in Europe by making use of our experience of the EU marketplace. By working with Northern Ireland businesses, South African companies can gain access to a total solution to their European requirements in manufacturing, marketing and customer support services.
“Similarly, South African partnerships make good business sense for Northern Ireland companies interested in developing their sales and presence in the South African region,” Dr Kell adds.
For more information contact Caroline Dean at UK Trade & Investment on:
Tel: 011 537 7222
Notes to editors:
1. The Northern Ireland trade delegation will be in Johannesburg from 1 - 4 November, 4 - 7 November in Durban, and 7 - 10 November in Cape Town.
2. UK Trade & Investment is the lead government organisation that provides support for UK companies looking to develop international business. It also provides support for overseas companies wishing to invest in the UK. UK Trade & Investment has a wide range of services, backed-up by a network of trade advisers worldwide who can provide market intelligence, advice on regulations, sales leads, and financial and practical support. www.uktradeinvest.gov.uk.
3. Five of the participating companies are already represented in South Africa. They are: Farmwizard Ltd - developer of an internet herd management system; FG Wilson (Engineering) Ltd - a global leader in diesel power gensets; RFD Beaufort Ltd - a market leader in aviation and marine survival systems; and RW Pierce Security Print Solutions Ltd - a printer of security products.
5. Northern Ireland companies visiting South Africa from 31st October to 10 November 2009
• A1 Power Systems Ltd – diesel powered generators
• Anaconda Equipment International Ltd – wheeled, tracked and conveyor systems
• CDE Ireland Ltd – screening and washing machinery
• CIGA Healthcare Ltd – diagnostic products
• Devenish Nutrition Ltd – nutrition products for farm animals
• Farmwizard Ltd – internet-based herd management technology
• FG Wilson (Engineering) Ltd – diesel generators
• Learning Pool Ltd – e-learning systems for public procurement
• Mindmill – computer-based profiling tools
• RFD Beaufort Ltd – aviation and marine safety equipment
• RW Pierce Security Print Solutions Ltd – security printing
• SRS Ltd – mobile concrete block making machinery
• Synergy Learning - online training
• Wellington IT Solutions – financial packages for credit unions
• Yardmaster International – flat pack, self assembly garden sheds