Online School in South Africa for Grades 4 - 9
Swales Online Academy is an independent online school in South Africa offering a unique approach to education using innovative digital and video teaching techniques. This convenient and flexible online learning environment is suitable for parents looking for an alternative to mainstream schooling but still wanting to ensure a high standard of academics and sports for their children.
Swales Online Academy’s five core values are:
- Inclusivity – all students have an opportunity to excel.
- Disciplined and structured approach to learning – teachers are present full time through the unique portal.
- Child centred – Every child’s needs are taken into consideration.
- A holistic approach to education – The Academy’s educational philosophy is designed to offer a holistic approach to a child’s development.
- Blended learning – Taking elements of both traditional classroom-based teaching and online learning formats – a blended programme has been developed which improves interaction, engagement, and achievement in education through enabling your child to EXPLORE, THINK and ENGAGE.
Swales Online Academy will be offering a CAPS curriculum in 2021 with the possible introduction of an online Cambridge curriculum in 2022.
Swales will be offering the CAPS curriculum for Grades 4 to 9 in 2021, with the phasing in of Grade 10 to 12 in the following years. Pupils in Grade 10 to 12 will be registered with the SACAI (South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute) to complete the National Senior Certificate, which is accepted at all universities. The curriculum will follow the requirements of this assessment to support achievement in this qualification.