HP Inc. has launched Print, Play & Learn a free online resource to support millions of families around the world who have transitioned to learning from home. HP is curating weekly literacy content as well as worksheets, coloring pages, puzzles and other learning printable resources for parents with children ages 2-12. Here’s a simple "how-to" guide for accessing the latest printable Play & Learn content for free.
“Parents are concerned about the negative impact sheltering in place will have on their child’s education,” said Anneliese Olson, SVP and general manager, printing category at HP. “Recognizing families are looking for resources to help their children continue to learn, we’re pleased to collaborate with these great organizations to help continue education from home.”
As a result of this unprecedented transition to work from home and home schooling, families have re-discovered the utility and need for a printer as part of their home technology set up. This realization has contributed to a 71 percent increase in HP Smart App daily downloads.
Results of a recent HP study of 1000 parents in the US underscores the important role printing is playing for families who are now working and learning from home. In fact, according to the survey responses:
- 66 percent of parents in the US are using their printers for educational and school related materials.
- Parents in households without a home printer feel the impact:
- 62 percent said they would feel better equipped to educate with a home printer 53 percent noted they would be able to entertain their children better with a home printer
- 41 percent use their home printer to print games and activities
- 1 in 4 parents have either bought a printer due to physical distancing needs or are planning to buy one
Print, Play & Learn is available now on the HP Smart mobile app worldwide and at hp.com/printplaylearn