How to write a Press Release, these 10 Tips will help you fine your skills in delivering the correct content and strategy for reaching the correct companies and target market.
- The first sentence should grab the reader’s attention and make them want to read more.
- Use content within the first paragraph which shows what your target audience is.
- Show your press release to someone in a similar industry and get some feedback.
- Make sure your content is well written and proof read.Keep the language simple so that you do not alienate your audience.
- State the facts and avoid waffling.
- Give the reader as many contact options as you can i.e. phone, fax, email etc...
- Make sure you have relevant web links in your article to take the reader to your website where they can find out more.
- Make sure that if a journalist wanted to write an article from your press release that all necessary and newsworthy information is included.
- Commence the press release with your attention grabbing text, followed by your main news and then talk about the company behind it.