Study Overseas on the New HPI Visa – Your Route to the UKSubmitted by Kyle Glover
Written by: Hannah Mminele for IBN Immigration Solutions
Edited by: Lauren Daniels for IBN Immigration Solutions
Senior Immigration Consultant for IBN Immigration Solutions, Hannah Mminele, discusses the requirements and options available when pursuing the new UK High Potential Visa, a study visa that could give you the opportunity to study and work internationally.
A new visa route opened in the United Kingdom (UK) on the 30th of May 2022 for persons deemed to be High Potential Individuals. The new visa has attracted excitement, praise and some criticism for the exclusionary nature of the list of designated Universities when it comes to African and South American Universities.
Key Features of the HPI Visa
- There is no requirement to have obtained a job offer to be able to apply.
- With the HPI visa you may be employed in most jobs, look for work, be self-employed and/or do voluntary work.
- Your partner and children can generally accompany you.
- The visa will be issued for 2 years and is not renewable.
- After the 2-year stay, you can consider applying for a different visa, such as a Skilled Worker Visa. The HPI visa thereby gives you the benefit to seek employment and an employer may know you better and therefore be more willed to sponsor your Skilled Worker Visa.
- The key requirements for the HPI Visa application are:
- You have received a qualification (evaluated by Ecctis) from a designated university in the past 5 years.
- You prove your knowledge of English.
- You prove that you have sufficient personal savings to support yourself in the UK.
Most of the Universities on the designated list are based in the United States (US) but there have been a few interesting inclusions from Europe. While these may not have as “stable” of a position on the global rankings used to determine the designated list, they do provide the key benefit of likely being more affordable than studies in the US or Canada (which also has 2 Universities that feature consistently on the list).
The countries of interest are Germany and France (Swedish and Swiss universities also feature on the designated list, but study fees in these countries vary across a wide and potentially high range).
-- ENDS --
About IBN Immigration Solutions
IBN Immigration Solutions is a multiple award-winning boutique immigration firm providing specialist immigration services for African countries, as well as some international markets. Our vision is to enable talent to work and live within Africa and contribute to developing this energetic and fascinating continent and its people. We believe in making Africa a better place and complying with international laws.
Contact Us - www.ibn.co.za
Read more at https://www.ibn.co.za/blog-and-news/hpi-visa-uk/
IBN Immigration SolutionsKyle Glover
IBN Immigration Solutions is a multiple award-winning boutique immigration company providing specialist immigration services for African countries, as well as some international markets. Our vision is to enable talent to work and live within Africa and contribute to developing this energetic and fascinating continent and its people. We believe in making Africa a better place and complying with international laws.