Quick action from Fidelity ADT leads to arrest in VereenigingSubmitted by Jacqui
On 23 November at approximately 03:55 Fidelity ADT Reaction Officer, Kaptein Selabalo, reacted to a panic alarm at a home on Sharper street in Vereeniging arriving shortly after receiving the panic.
On arrival he cautiously proceeded into the premises ,found the suspect busy breaking a front aluminum window and acted swiftly to apprehend the suspect.
The suspect was handed over to Constable Msibi from Vereeniging SASP for further questioning.
Sonette McCabe, Branch Manager Fidelity ADT says the Officer responded quickly and efficiently and should be congratulated on his response.
She offers the following safety tips:
• Ensure that perimeter doors are fitted with adequate locks.
• Fit suitable “spacers”, locks or bolts to all sliding doors to prevent them from being lifted off their tracks (the most common method used by burglars on sliding doors and windows).
• Ensure all windows are fitted with adequate locks or burglar bars that cover all glass.
• Ensure that all duplicate keys are locked away if not in use. Do not leave in doors or make unnecessary copies.
• Keep the garage and tool shed locked when not in use. Would–be intruders should not have access to any item that can be used as a weapon or burglary tool.
• Install outside lights that can be remotely controlled from inside the house. Consider installing lighting outside which is activated by a motion detector.
• Reduce all heavy foliage near your perimeter wall and gate to reduce the possibility of those spots being used as hiding places.