Zwelethu Radebe returns from Netflix series to direct Lunch Bar ad featuring local legend Khuli ChanaSubmitted by MyPressportal Team
Egg Films’ Zwelethu Radebe, in collaboration with the team at Ogilvy Johannesburg, delivers an inspirational piece of storytelling for Lunch Bar’s ‘Behind Every Legend’ commercial. The spot pays homage to a South African legend, Khuli Chana, and those who helped him reach the top. A moving reminder that even the very best are nothing without others.
Zwelethu takes us on a journey through time to relive the moments that shaped award winning rapper ad songwriter Khuli Chana. His neighbour, his teacher, friends, and those he worked with in studio, all played a pivotal role in Khuli’s career. These people are the legends behind the legend, those who made him who he is today.
After spending the past six month directing a series for Netflix, an opportunity to truly flex and hone his emotive storytelling abilities, Zwelethu is excited to return to commercials directing for Lunch Bar.
He said: “An important aspect to Khuli’s journey is those who have played a role in his upbringing. There’s a greater message that’s being told through Lunch Bar and Khuli, a story of upliftment, never giving up and never losing your child like imagination.
Ogilvy Johannesburg Creative Directors, Clint Bechus änd Coenie Grebe weighed in: “Describing what Zwelethu brought to this advert would be a mistake, as it is really something that needs to be experienced. He got the most out of the talent, brought the journey to life and captured the soul of each time period.
“Most importantly, he had a ‘vision’ for the sound. By putting his passion for music into the piece, he created something unique and to hear it in all its glory is something else. It’s great to work with someone so positive who has a vision for an advert from pre-prod to post.”
Judge for yourself right here (https://vimeo.com/691100673), and check out Zwelethu’s showreel or contact Kerry Hosford at Egg Films for more info.
- Agency: Ogilvy South Africa - Johannesburg
- City & Country: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Agency Producer: Lesley-Anne Roe
- Executive Creative Director: Peter Little
- Creative Director (Art Director): Coenie Grebe
- Creative Director (Copywriter): Clint Bechus
- Snr. Art Director: Bruce Murphy
- Business Director Tracey Hatchel
- Account Director Kimesha Naidoo
- Production house: Egg Films
- Director: Zwelethu Radebe
- Director Of Photography: Wille Nel
- Production Co Art Director: Keenan Mcadam
- Production Co Stylist Rozanne Whyte
- Production Co Producer: Kerry Hosford
- Executive Producer: Colin Howard
- Editing Company & City: Me&My Friends, Cape Town
- Editor: Anthony Martin
- Post Production Co & City: Post Modern, Johannesburg (Leanne Schalekamp)
- Colourist: Terry Simpson
- Online Artist: Michael Naidoo
- VFX: Blake Prinsloo @ Static Black
- Music & Music Publisher: ‘Hazzadazmoves’ by Khuli Chana arranged by Chris Laco
We submit press releases on behalf of clients.
Latest press releases
- Telkom launches Endless Fibre
- 6 tips on how to get back your inner strength and start living your most remarkable life
- Rosebank Mall gets technical with new store
- John Deere Introduces New Articulated Dump Truck To Southern Africa Market
- Grade 11 Treverton College students been invited as ambassadors for conservation fundraising initiative the Rhino Peak Challenge