Inspired Academy Builds Better Futures with Test Automation Training WeekSubmitted by Karin van Blerk
Software testing firm Inspired Testing’s’ training institution, Inspired Academy, will host a week of in-person test automation courses in Johannesburg and Cape Town, 26-30 September 2022. Registration has opened for three courses on the highly sought-after skill of test automation aimed at both entry-level and advanced software professionals.
Louise Gilbert, software quality engineer and training manager, stated “These courses are a perfect way to boost your testing skills, stay relevant, and advance your career. We aim to provide South Africa’s best training in test automation in a week. Test automation grows more important as a fast-changing world demands increased efficiency of software testers.”
The courses will be presented in person at Inspired Testing’s offices in Cape Town and Johannesburg. The courses are aimed at different skillsets and experience levels and include:
- Introduction to test automation of web applications in Java (Johannesburg), is aimed at testers looking to upgrade their skill set as well as software developers wanting to consolidate their skills.
- API testing and automation (Cape Town), is aimed at testers, test automation engineers, and software developers looking to add API testing and automation to their skill set.
- Deep dive into automation for web applications in Java (Johannesburg) aimed at test automation engineers and software developers wishing to advance their technical and test automation skill sets.
- Value Offer: Introduction and Deep Dive into Automation Combined: The Inspired Academy also offers a discount purchase if both the Introductory and Advanced Automation courses are booked.
"Over the last fifteen years of working as an automation engineer and consultant, I’ve learned many lessons, often the hard way,” says Bas. “I want to share with you some of the lessons I’ve learned over the years, and how you can avoid making the same mistakes I did.” This event is a vital opportunity to build connections and learn from the experts in the industry in an informal setting.
Each course takes place over two days and each registration qualifies for a total of two hours of one-on-one coaching time to ensure a better grip on the practical aspects of software testing. Says Louise “Each course is jam-packed with interactive training and hands-on exercises. I truly believe that each participant will be fully equipped to be a more efficient test professional and take their career to the next level.”
The Joburg Software Testing Community Meetup, sponsored by the Inspired Academy, will host a testing community event in Johannesburg. Speakers include Academy Head Bas Dijkstra and other experts in the field. In addition, Magriet Mouton and Yendor Felgate, directors of Being Human Group, will cover Surviving Hybrid Teams, a vital discussion to optimise teamwork in a hybrid environment.
About Inspired Testing
Inspired Testing is a pure-play software testing company that has a dedicated focus on software testing solutions for clients globally. Its services include software testing across the entire spectrum of the discipline including Test Automation, Performance Testing, Functional Testing and Outsourced Managed Services. In operation since 1999, (previously trading as DVT) the organisation has grown to over 250 staff with offices in the UK (Edinburgh and London) and South Africa (Johannesburg and Cape Town). The company also runs the Inspired Academy which is responsible for developing some of the industry’s foremost training programmes to upskill and keep testing professionals and teams relevant. Inspired Testing is a company within the software and technology group Dynamic Technologies. https://www.inspiredtesting.com/
Inspired Testing is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dynamic Technologies, a software and technology group with 1 300+ staff and 13 group companies across the UK, USA, Europe and Africa, providing a diverse range of technology solutions, digital services and related core competencies. Dynamic Technologies’ group companies comprise CloudSmiths; DigiRail; DotModus; DVT; Dynamic DNA; Dynamic Talent; EmeraldConsulting; Inspired Testing; Sigma Events; SixthUp; Swarm; UpperSigma and Xsmths.
Latest press releases
- Inspired Testing announces partnership with Tricentis
- Inspired Testing to present new findings at AI Expo 2021 on how AI can supercharge software testing
- Inspired Testing appoints Bas Dijkstra to lead its international training academy
- Inspired Testing wins coveted EMEA Partner of the Year Award
- Why it pays to have your own Automation Framework