New Global Free to List Property Portal set to take South Africa by StormSubmitted by Linda Janse Van Vuuren
Global property portal allows agencies to target international buyers and reduce their overheads with free property listings
- Free to list Commercial & Residential property portals now live across five countries (South Africa, UK, UAE, India & Nigeria)
- Over 350,000 listings worldwide – Aiming for 1 Million by Q4 2019
- Major agents include Annenberg Property Group, Baker Street Properties, Broll, CCH, Chas Everitt and Meridian Realty
- Imminent launches planned for Mainland Europe, China and the Middle EastTwo up-and-coming global property portals Commercial People & Residential People are helping to provide a beacon of hope for real estate agents across the country with their free listings and international coverage
Currently operating operates across South Africa, the UK, UAE, India and Nigeria, Residential People (and its commercial property equivalent Commercial People) are uniquely positioned to attract both local and overseas buyers & investors interested in purchasing property throughout South Africa.
The free to list portals which will also launch across France, Germany, China and other key markets in 2019, is threatening to disrupt the Property24 & Private Property duopoly, offering support for agents across the country struggling to pay the high costs of membership with a radical free to list solution.
In just a few months since their launch, both Commercial & Residential People have attracted some of the biggest names across the property sector including the likes of Broll, CCH, Chas Everitt and more.Commercial & Residential People Co-Director Christopher May says: “We are targeting both merging and established markets alike,“Alongside South Africa, we are currently operating across the UK, UAE and India, and despite our brand infancy, we are well on the way to being one of the biggest portals in the UAE and on the way to becoming one of the largest in India as well.
”“Our USP is simple. Every agent we’ve spoken to is concerned about the rising costs of property portals; Commercial & Residential People are both a free to list global property portal that helps to eliminate some of the expenses agencies face,
”Since launching, Residential People has found that a growing number of searches on its UK site come from prospective overseas buyers looking to relocate here or investors keen to enter the market, this figure is replicated across the South African market as well, with a particular interest in Johannesburg and Cape Town
Mr May continues: “One of our key selling points is that we are international. It is a fact that thousands of properties in certain areas – especially commercial and new build apartments are not being bought by locals but international buyers.”
“In the UAE, for example, after only a few months, we have a 75% market share of all properties.”With the global reach of Residential People, any local South African estate agent can tap into the growing foreign investment across the country, gaining more exposure on their listings for free not only from potential customers in the UK but also from successful expats across the UAE, and soon China.Mr May concludes: “We want to make it abundantly clear that our aim is to work with agents and build an alternative to some of the portals that exist today. While we understand that international attention doesn’t appeal to every South African agent, our nationwide coverage can ensure increased exposure for the local market as well.“ With agents’ support, we are hoping to disrupt the status quo and give agents an alternative to the current duopoly.
Latest press releases
- WeThrive – The Best Source for Ethical Healthcare
- The Benefits of Having a Parkhome Site Office
- Book your Appointment with the Best Dentist in Randburg
- 5 Best Forex Trading Platforms in South Africa
- Khwezi Financial Services, the First South African Owned Forex Trading Platform to Receive an OTC Derivatives License from the FSCA