African Construction Expo and Totally Concrete Expo
27 - 28 May 2014, Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg
You are invited to attend the Totally Concrete Expo and African Construction Expo taking place from 26 to 28 May 2014 at the Sandton Convention Centre.
Totally Concrete Expo is Africa’s only cement and concrete event for the construction industry and the African Construction Expo provides an essential tool-kit for efficient infrastructure delivery in Africa.
The two events combined will unite 4000 participants from 40 countries to meet with more than 200 exhibitors across 2 exhibition halls.Don’t miss this high level platform with ample news and interview opportunities. The Keynote session, takes place on Tuesday, 27 May 2014 from 9:00 to 11:30 and features an opening address from Ketso Gordhan, CEO of PPC Cement and a Keynote address from Clem Sunter, world renowned scenario planner. The ensuing discussion is designed to strengthen the voice of the private sector in the African construction marketplace and facilitate cross-border collaboration.
Programme highlights include:
26 May 2014:
- Tracking the African future opening session - featuring Daniel Silke (9:00am)
- Navigating Africa Access Briefings - featuring practical access to doing business in African markets with particular focus on Kenya, Angola, Rwanda, South Africa and Nigeria (3:30pm)
27 May 2014:
- Accessing the African construction marketplace - PPC (9:00am)
- John Sheath, CEO, Concrete Society of Southern Africa, (CSSA), South Africa (9:10am)
- Ketso Gordhan, CEO, PPC, South Africa (9:20am)Clem Sunter, Scenario Planner, South Africa (9:50am)
- African infrastructure leaders’ hardball roundtable (10:20am)
- Producing concrete: sustainable production - Vecoplan (1:00pm)
- Evening networking function (5:30 - 7:30pm)
28 May 2014:
- Taking architecture into the future panel session - SAIA (9:00am)
- Women in Construction Awards - Department of Public Works (10:00am)
- Producing concrete: durability - Nyeleti (11:00am)
- Site visit:Alexander Forbes 4-star green building - hosted by Paragon Architects (3:30 - 6:00pm)
29 May 2014:
- Site visit: Nizamiye Turkish Masjid - hosted by Lafarge (9:30am - 1:00pm)
- Site visit: PPC cement applications (9:30am - 3:00pm)
- Site visit: Gautrain depot site visit (8:30 - 11:00am)
The event will host over 30 VIPs comprised of government officials from African departments of public works and housing, C-level executives from leading engineering, procurement and contracting companies, property owners, investors and more. Top personalities such as the High Commissioners from Rwanda and Angola and CEOs and Managing Directors of Mota Engil Africa, AfriSam, Lafarge, PPC and more will be amidst the 4000 participants from 40 countries. This is a distinctively Pan-African event where government, engineers, investors, contractors, parastatals, property owners and developers and architects converge to determine the scale of planned construction across the continent in the near to medium term.
Please click on the links in this email to register for your press pass - this will ensure you have a press pack at registration with details of speakers for interview, programme information and press functions.
Press & Media contact - Totally Concrete Expo