Hair affects self-esteem – choose the right shampooSubmitted by Leap Leap
Research shows that South African women rate hair as one of their most important priorities and that hair loss* negatively affects their self-esteem.
To mark national hair day on 1 October, the manufacturers of caffeine-based Plantur 39 shampoo have urged women to select the best products for their hair, particularly for hair loss*.
This follows a series of SA surveys which have found that:
- One in three women were concerned about or had experienced hair loss* (survey by Plus 94 Research).
- Around 70% of women said healthy hair played a big part in their self-image (Plus 94 Research).
- A healthy head of hair was more important to women than an active sex life (Insight Survey).
Global hair expert, Dr Adolf Klenk, from German cosmeceutical manufacturer, the Dr Wolff Group, said studies show that a caffeine complex helps protect against hair loss* and strengthens the hair.
“This is why we developed the Plantur 39 range of caffeine-based hair products for women and Alpecin for men – both of which help counter hair loss*, contribute to vibrancy and are available in SA,” he said.
(* without a result of a medical condition)
For media information, call Farah Manuel or Craig Doonan on: 021 785-3683. See www.alpecin.co.za and www.plantur39.co.za and find Alpecin on Facebook and Twitter, Plantur 39 on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram.
Dr. Wolff Group
With brands such as Alcina, Alpecin and Linola as well as Plantur, Biorepair, Vagisan and Karex, the fourth-generation family-run Dr. Wolff-Group from Bielefeld, Germany, with its workforce of 650, is on a worldwide growth path. Ever since the company’s launch, the focus has been on research and the scientifically proven benefits of its products in order to find solutions to issues such as hair loss* and skin problems. 2018 was the group’s most successful year in its 113-year history. With its newly developed markets in Europe and Asia and new dermatological products, it increased sales to €309 million, a record high. Dr. Wolff is active in over 50 countries. Find further information at: https://www.drwolffgroup.com/en/index.html
Latest press releases
- Most major urology operations will be robotic in the near future – top urologist
- A deformed penis is not uncommon and can be corrected - urologist
- Boreholes, mobile drums may ease rural water crisis – NGO
- An alternative to cortisone for itchy skin this summer
- Arnica - not only for bruises; supports heart health too