Summer is here and these are the hottest trendsSubmitted by Bronwyn
A PROFESSIONAL MAKE-UP COMPANY SHARES SEVEN SUMMER TRENDS FOR 2021
Johannesburg, October 2021 – “Challenge yourself and experiment with tools, techniques, and colours because there has never been a better time to break out of your comfort zone,” suggests the Kryolan Pro make-up team, expanding on seven summer make-up trends that are standing out in 2021.
Minimal make-up became an accidental trend during lockdown and kept pace this winter. But the summer look is bringing back a vibrant splash of colour to our make-up bags, and the bolder the better.
Here are seven summer trends, currently being worn by influencers, make-up artists and style-savvy individuals everywhere. It’s all glossy lips, dramatic eyes and outrageous oranges – there is no limit to the vibrant look of summer 2021.
It’s all about the eyes…
1. Bright colours, dramatic lashes and graphic liner are defining this season’s look. A highly pigmented shadow applied to the inner corners of your eyes and gradually tapering as you move towards the crease makes a bold statement, especially when framed with doubled up lashes. Get some inspiration on Kryolan South Africa’s colour palette.
2. As much as bold, bright colours are having their say, soft, smoky eyes have also found their place this summer. This timeless, smouldering look will never be completely edged out by dramatic new seasonal looks but can be built on and experimented with using deep violets and indigos.
3. White eyeliner is a fresh, new approach if you are looking to change up the dark cat eye look. You can use a white line over the black one to create striking contrast or opt for all white as a refreshing change. Like a classic white shirt, it complements any other colour, while highlighting your eyes in a dramatic new way. Instagram influencers like missjobaker, naokoscintu and brycescarlett are setting this trend this season.
4. If our eyes are the windows to our soul, we should give then the frames they deserve. Masks have inadvertently made brows our most important feature when it comes to conveying our emotions. Soft, natural looking brows ensure that we don’t lose anything in translation, unlike a stark, high arching eyebrow. Use a brow pencil to delicately fill in any sparse spots, then brush them up into place with a brow brush.
Luscious summer lips
5. Lip moments will not be lost for ever. Mask free photo opportunities are making a comeback and the lip trend is ensuring it is ready to make a statement. Bright colours and tinted gloss will create an eye catching and Instagram-worthy look. From shiny purple glossy to bold orange satin, a super-saturated bright shade will say everything it needs to. Remember to exfoliate your lips before applying your colour for a smooth finish. Instagram influencer lipstickqueen shows some of the ways you can step out of your comfort zone.
Shimmering, sun kissed summer cheeks
6. No matter what time of year it is, heathy looking, slightly flushed cheeks radiate vitality. A rosy-coloured cream blush blended it into the apples of your cheeks and then up and out towards your cheekbones also defines your facial structure. A bronzer is also a good option to create a fresh-from-the-beach look and brighten up your winter complexion.
Supple summer skin
7. A dewy, sun kissed glow that seems to radiate from within is the trend this summer. In South Africa’s harsh sun, you can’t ever minimise the value of a good sunscreen that’s specifically designed for the face. Generous, good quality moisturiser will keep your skin hydrated and dewy. Incorporate a bronzing product into your foundation and ensure you use lightweight, minimalistic products that keep your look natural.
At the end of the day, the most important summer trend is doing what works for you and makes you feel great. There is enough variety in the summer palette to find what complements your personality, while still allowing you some room to experiment. 2021 embraces the individual and helps you accessorise with flair.
-- ENDS --
Issued By: The Lime Envelope
On Behalf Of: Kryolan SA
For Media Information: Bronwyn Levy
Telephone: 011 467 9233/ 0760781723
Kryolan is a professional make-up brand that was founded in post-war Berlin in 1945 by Arnold Langer, who had a passion for theatre and science. Since then, Kryolan’s collection has grown to include over 16000 products, catering to a wide range of faculties within the make-up industry. Kryolan’s six fields of competence are TV & film, fashion, body art, theatre, SFX and consumer.
For more information on Kryolan, visit https://za.kryolan.com or contact +27 11 786 8598 or +27 11 786 8521.