Fairlady Magazine Announces Nine Outstanding Finalists In The Fairlady Women Of The Future 2015 Awards, In Partnership With Santam
‘We were planning to have only five finalists, but because of the excellent calibre of the entries, we had to increase that number to nine,’ says FAIRLADY editor Suzy Brokensha. ‘South African women should be proud: every single one of these finalists is world-class.’
The search, which called for entries from South African female entrepreneurs who have created successful businesses, saw an array of smart business ideas and women with the drive and commitment to bring those ideas to fruition.
‘South Africans are so entrepreneurial,’ says Brokensha. ‘These women are not only empowering themselves, but also people around them. They’re a real asset to the country.’
The nine women, and their businesses, will be featured in the August issue of FAIRLADY, on sale today.
The FAIRLADY Woman of The Future (in association with Santam) finalists are:
- Anisa Kale (Keys Communications) – owner of an advertising and marketing company providing opportunities within the township infrastructures
- Beryl Shuttleworth (The Herbal Horse & Pet) – a leading manufacturer of innovative natural supplements for animals
- Boitumelo Ntsoane (Afrilink HealthCare) – owner of a primary health care service available in the townships across SA
- Jacqueline Goliath (De Fynne Nursery) – owner of a successful plant producing nursery that propagates, grows and supplies containerised plant products to various markets
- Jeanne Groenewald (Elgin Free Range Chickens) – owner of the largest fully integrated true free-range broiler producing company
- Laura Reynolds (RecruitGroup) – head of a leading recruitment agency that finds and places top talent for South African firms through innovative products and services
- Mariné Pienaar (TerraAfrica Consult) – a provider of a variety of soil, agriculture and land use consulting services in Africa
The FAIRLADY Rising Star 2015 finalists (in association with Santam) are:
- Amy de Castro (Bamboo Revolution) – a producer of unique bamboo and leather wristwatches
- Michelle Nadine Ballot (Pantry Box) – owner of a unique company designed to help you with out-of-the-box dinner ideas.
The panel of judges for the FAIRLADY Women of the Future 2015 awards include Public Protector Thuli Madonsela; Santam executive head of Brand, Yegs Ramiah; former PA to Nelson Mandela, author and motivational speaker Zelda La Grange; television presenter, MC and businesswoman Gerry Rantseli Elsdon and FAIRLADY editor, Suzy Brokensha.
The winner of the FAIRLADY Woman of the Future and FAIRLADY Rising Star awards will be honoured at a prestigious awards ceremony in Johannesburg in August 2015.
The FAIRLADY Woman of the Future award will go to an entrepreneur, 25 years or older, whose business has survived its first 1001 days (the first three years) and who is well on her way to creating an empire. She will be awarded R50 000 in cash, a R7 500 online shopping voucher from spree.co.za, an invaluable mentoring session with one of the judges, a GALAXY Note 4 and GALAXY Tab S from Samsung, a Buren ladies watch and fragrance hamper from S Bacher & Company, an Elizabeth Arden hamper and a R5 000 part-time Damelin bursary.
The FAIRLADY Rising Star 2015 award will go to an entrepreneur aged between 16 and 25, whose business is older than six months but still within the first 1001 days of business. She will be awarded R20 000 in cash, a R7 500 online shopping voucher from spree.co.za, an invaluable mentoring session with one of the judges, a GALAXY Note 4 and GALAXY Tab S from Samsung, a Buren ladies watch and fragrance hamper from S Bacher & Company, an Elizabeth Arden hamper and a R5 000 part-time Damelin bursary.
For full details of all our finalists, get the latest issue of FAIRLADY magazine, on sale now!
Follow FAIRLADY on Facebook www.facebook.com/fairladymag, @FairladyMag on Twitter, and
@Fairlady_Magazine on Instagram.
Distributed on behalf of: FAIRLADY Magazine and Media 24
Distributed by: Clayton Morar Media
PR Contact: Clayton Morar
074 194 1766