Venetian blinds were originally made from wooden horizontal slats and developed in 1794 in Venice, hence their name. Venetian blinds are used in place of or in conjunction with fabric curtains or security shutters. They are moved up and down by using a pulling mechanism.
Is There a Difference Between Vertical Blinds and Venetian Blinds?
Venetian blinds are horizontal blinds, stretching from left to right and neatly stacking on top of one another. In contrast, vertical blinds stretch from top to bottom and are drawn open to the left or right, using a pulling mechanism.
Benefits of Venetian Blinds
Venetian blinds are popular for several reasons.
- They can be made to fit any size of window
- They are easy to operate
- They allow you to control the amount of light coming into the room
- They provide privacy
- They are affordable
- They can be styled to suit each client’s decor
Where to Find Venetian Blinds in Cape Town
TLC Flooring in Cape Town not only supplies and installs a variety of laminate and vinyl flooring but also security and Venetian blinds, as well as synthetic grass.
We have an extensive and colourful range of Aluminium Venetian Blinds that will suit all homes. Our quality Venetian blinds are also available in basswood or bamboo at competitive pricing, making us the preferred blinds company in Cape Town. A selection of our Wooden or Aluminium Venetian blinds may be viewed on our website.
About Aluminium Venetian Blinds
- Aluminium Venetian blinds are an elegant and practical solution for light control at both office and home.
- Blind widths are available in 25mm and 50mm.
- Our aluminium Venetian blinds comprise aluminium slats covered with a strong epoxy coating.
- All Venetian blind pins and rollers are made from stainless steel and brass to prevent rusting (although this cannot always be guaranteed near the coast).
- We supply cords, ladders, heads, and bottom rails, colour-coded to match the slats.
- Our blinds include the appropriate installation brackets. Moulded plastic (25mm) or plated metal (50mm) hold-down brackets on request are also supplied.
The blind slats may be tilted to any desired angle by using a clear hard plastic wand.
- A drawcord is used to pull the blind up and down.
- The lift controls should only be operated once the slats are in an open horizontal position.
- The 50mm Venetian blind is becoming increasingly popular and enhances the latest décor trends.
- The aluminium wooden-look blind is an exciting product to our range, as an alternative to natural wood.
- The 50mm wooden-look Venetian blind with standard wood trimmings can easily fit into large windows and doorways. They are far lighter than wood and are easy to handle and stack higher. These blinds have become almost as popular as the real thing, with the advantage of being suitable for damp areas.
- Although Venetian blinds are made for light control, one can see between the slats at certain angles.
How Easy is it to Clean Aluminium Venetian Blinds?
The slats can be wiped down with a damp cloth regularly.
To thoroughly clean an aluminium blind, remove it from the window and secure it on a wash line. It can then be rinsed with a car wash ‘n wax liquid. Allow the blind to dry, and then simply clip it back into place. Please do not pull the blind up while it is still wet.
Discuss your Venetian Blind requirements with one of our experienced TLC Consultants.