“When two companies, both successful in their own right, join forces, the results can be phenomenal. That’s the central equation behind any positively orchestrated merger or acquisition” says Topco Media Chairman Richard Fletcher. “But the process of going through a merger or an acquisition can be a testing time for any company. There are many potential pitfalls, typically fuelled by a great deal of doubt and plenty of speculation. That’s why business leaders need to know the value of an effective M&A - and the secrets that make it work.”
· A merger or an acquisition can happen at any time. As Lord Baden-Powell said:
· A successful merger can create a more competitive, cost-effective company.
· In turbulent economic times M&A can offer unique remedies to unique problems.
· M&A have tax implications of millions of Rands.
· Speakers will report back on surviving and thriving in difficult times through M&A.
· Learn the difference between a friendly and hostile takeover – and how to control both.
· Evaluate deals.
· Dawie Roodt, Chief Economist of the Efficient Group
· Bob Power, CEO of Power Corporate Consultants
· Des Kruger, Head of Tax, Mallinicks
· Chantell Ilbury, Author, Socrates and the Fox
· Christo Els, Partner, Webber Wentzel Bowens
· Dr. Theo Veldsman, Executive: Thought Leadership, Bytes People Solutions
The programme incorporates time for informal networking. Cost of attending is R8 500 per delegate.