Johannesburg, June 6th 2018 - The Association for Communication and Advertising (ACA) is the official self-regulative representative body for the advertising and communications sector in South Africa. The Association represents advertising and communications agencies that presently contribute approximately 95% of South Africa’s measured ad spend to all stakeholders including, but not limited to, the broader profession, government, the media and the public. The ACA is a voluntary association that was formed by and for the profession, and is focused on and committed to self-regulation and to defending the highest standards of ethical practice.
A vacancy exists for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and hardworking individual who is passionate about the business of marketing, advertising and communications. If working in a fast paced, highly energized environment and dealing with constant business challenges that require creative solutions appeals to you, you could be leading the profession to its next chapter.
- A proven track record in mature business leadership at the highest level – preferably in the business of marketing, advertising and communications
- The ability to command respect whilst navigating complex business challenges and at times, mediate to lead stakeholders to a common (win-win) vision and /or goal
- A strategic thinker and visionary with a passion for marketing, advertising, communications and the contribution that creativity makes to business success
- Operationally astute
- The ability to raise sponsorship and funding for projects
- Prior experience in working with government and peer organisations would be advantageous
- Strong commercial, entrepreneurial and financial acumen and management skills
- An excellent communicator
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in business or the arts.
The CEO will report to the Chairperson and Board of Directors.
A market-related salary is offered.