Consol Raises Rands for Rhinos and Donates R30 000 to RAGESubmitted by SIMONSAYS communications
Consol has donated R30 000 to RAGE - the Rhino Action Group Effort – a LeadSA initiative helping fight rhino poaching in South Africa. In 2014 alone, 1 215 Rhinos were lost to poaching; a scourge that if left unchecked will wipe out the rhino population. Recognising this, Consol launched a conservation collection intended to help protect the diminishing Rhino population, and pledged R2 from every Rhino Range glass bottle sale.
Consol Marketing Director, Dale Carolin, says that as Africa’s leading glass manufacturer, Consol is committed to programmes that put sustainability first and adds that to win this war, corporates and concerned citizens have to stand together.
“We can only stay the extinction of this national treasure through our collective efforts and we are grateful to all the South Africans who supported this initiative – and in so doing turning their anger into effective action,” says Carolin.
RAGE is a non-profit company, set up as a safe conduit for public contributions to this cause; the Consol donation will be allocated to ongoing anti-poaching programmes supported by RAGE.
Consol - Cultivating a Culture that Cares!
Latest press releases
- St Benedict’s Successfully Defends Title To Remain Top SA Boys Rowing School
- St Benedict’s remains agile in response to pandemic with 100% Pass Rate unbroken for 47 Years
- 28 000 people die every day from the consequences of hypertension
- St Benedict’s making music that matters
- St Benedict's Boys Row their Way to Green and Gold