APEX 2019 – Call for EntriesSubmitted by Veruska D'Onofrio
The Association for Communication and Advertising (ACA) is pleased to announce that the 2019 APEX awards season is officially open for entry. The annual APEX awards is hosted by the ACA, the official representative body for the Communications and Advertising sector in South Africa.
The APEX awards programme recognises and awards those advertising and communications campaigns that are not only creative, but effective in delivering a tangible and measurable return on investment or objectives.
“Winning an APEX places a real seal on a client and agency team’s achievement because it demonstrates the contribution made by the team through its collaboration and work. This is a call for agencies to enter their best communications campaigns. Those that not only ignited consumer demand, but delivered and exceeded on campaign objectives. An APEX is the only award that counts,” explains Mathe Okaba, ACA CEO.
The standard required to win an APEX award is extremely high, and this will not compromised. Entrants are required to submit case studies detailing their campaigns and how all possible factors other than the campaigns themselves have been considered as causes for brand success. To view previous APEX winners or to order their respective case studies, please click on the APEX tab on the ACA website.
The three APEX categories into which campaigns may be entered are:
- Launch – for brands or services that are less than 12 months old with no significant history of advertising.
- Change – for new campaigns from previously advertised brands that resulted in significant short-term effects on sales and/or behaviour – short-term being within a period of no more than 18 months.
- Sustain – for campaigns that benefited a business by maintaining or strengthening a brand over a long period, i.e. 36 months.
Compulsory briefing sessions for all entrants will be held at the AAA School of Advertising campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town. The briefing provides prospective entrants all the relevant information required on how to enter, compile and adequately prepare APEX submissions and, therefore, stand a better chance of winning an award.
The 2019 APEX briefings will take place as follows:
- Johannesburg: 14H00 to 16H00 - Tuesday, 29 January 2019
- Cape Town: 14H00 to 16H00 - Thursday, 31 January 2019
The 2019 APEX awards is hosted by the ACA in association with sponsors Kantar Millward Brown
-- ENDS --
The ACA is the official, representative body for the Communications and Advertising profession in South Africa, representing agencies in the profession (who at present contribute approximately 95% of South Africa’s measured ad spend) to government, media and the public. The ACA is a voluntary body formed by and for the industry, focused on and committed to self-regulation and to defending the highest standards of ethical practice.
Prepared on behalf of:
The Association for Communication and Advertising South Africa
Mathe Okaba - CEO
(011) 781 2772/3
Telephone No: (082) 443 4410/ (011) 024 3983
Latest press releases
- Maison Courvoisier unveils a new look, names creative visionary Yinka Ilori as ‘Ambassador of Joy’ and appoints its Seventh Chief Blender
- AVBOB Campaign Optimises National Reach with Outdoor Network
- ACA issues RFI for Effie Awards SA Events and Sponsorship Supplier
- Winners of first ever Effie Awards South Africa Announced
- Kwikspace’s customised office solution boosts client’s business offering