Rockwell Automation Expands Its Mobile Production Capabilities with FactoryTalk Batch View SoftwareSubmitted by CubicICE (PTY) Ltd
New solution offers real-time interface to batch control for mobile-enabled workforce.
Global producers that expect a modern batch experience can now improve employee collaboration and system interactions that have traditionally been difficult to achieve. The new FactoryTalk Batch View software from Rockwell Automation addresses this demand, offering an intuitive and scalable, browser-based interface that adapts across smartphones, such as iOS and Android, to tablets and PCs. Users can access real-time information and interact with their process from the plant floor to the production office through a consistent user interface.
“In today’s environment, most production facilities have a lean workforce. The new software frees your staff from their desktop or fixed workstation enabling them to visualise and respond to their process from anywhere on their production network,” said Dan UpDyke, product manager, Rockwell Automation.
This is a significant change from the conventional, costly and time-consuming approaches that enable desktop or mobile access to production data. User-specific configurations or remote desktop sessions managed by IT staff are no longer required, enabling plants to quickly on-board more users and deliver value that increases productivity.
Key capabilities of the solution include:
- Simple architecture – A modern web interface offers easy adaptation to new or existing platforms and environments with backward compatibility to previous versions of FactoryTalk Batch software; single-server architecture allows for new features and functions to be added with minimal impact to operations.
- Information-enabled and secure – Uses common system security policies for access control similar to any workstation, as a node on the plant network.
- Versatile – Interfaces support multiple mobile devices and are easily integrated with HMI screens onto workstations.
FactoryTalk Batch View software is well-suited for large industrial facilities that have workstation infrastructure limitations, and require multiple access points across the plant. With personalised user profiles that are tailored to the user, such as language switching options, workers at different levels of the organisation can stay mobile, yet connected to their process operations.
CubicICECubicICE (PTY) Ltd
CubicICE offers you the full range of digital marketing, public relations and creative design services to execute marketing strategies tailored to your business requirements. Our speciality is in producing content that engages engineers, manufacturers, procurement officials and distributors through effective marketing channels; in transforming the unique technical details of your products and services into compelling, powerful marketing campaigns. Our team combines innovation, creativity, knowledge and production skill with a strong customer focus to ensure maximum ROI from your marketing spend. Automotive, mining, construction, manufacturing, energy, plant and factory automation, material handling, petrochemical, oil and gas, ICT, warehousing and logistics, packaging, electronics, engineering and water treatment - these are just some of the many industries we've been involved in over a marketing legacy that spans more than 30 years and over 200 clients. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you grow your business!
Latest press releases
- Modular Solutions for Sports and Recreation Events
- Autodesk’s AEC Collection: the all-in-one package that gives users the competitive edge
- Sean Swarts appointed as Drawing Office Manager for Hytec South Africa
- Kwikspace celebrates 50 years in business with R 50 000 in prizes
- Bosch Rexroth South Africa hosts successful annual African Sales Meeting