Call to entries for 2006 Marketing Excellence AwardsSubmitted by MyPressportal Team
These awards have been in existence since 1975 and were initiated by the then Institute of Marketing Management with the Marketing Person of the Year Awards. Past winners include Anton Rupert, Raymond Ackerman, Santie Botha, Herman Mashaba, Sol Kerzner and Aggrey Klaaste. Over a thirty year period, these awards have developed and served as a major influence in recognising marketing excellence in South Africa.
The Marketing Excellence Awards is a celebration of excellence in the field of marketing, awarding:
* Marketing Leadership Excellence (Marketing Company and Marketing Person of the Year)
* Brand Marketing Campaign of the Year
* Direct Marketing Excellence (better known as the Assegai Awards) and
* Sponsorship Marketing Excellence (previously known as the Raptors)
Sunday Times Business Times has been joined by sponsors Vodacom and Absa Bank, as well as Microsoft and SAA, who have invested in this industry initiative. Without their support, the significant progress made to date would not have been possible.
Over the past seven months, a great deal of work has been done to ensure the awards this year will set a new benchmark for the industry. A council of business and marketing advisers was created and includes eminent leaders in marketing across all industries in South Africa.
Dr Ivan May has led the council's proceedings. These council members have volunteered their time for the Marketing Excellence Awards. The council has developed and ratified all the awards categories and judging procedures.
Kirkpatrick and Associates, a professional marketing company with an excellent reputation for delivery, has been retained to manage all aspects relating to the awards logistics and the awards event.
The website inviting the industry to enter has been launched at www.marketingexcellenceawards.co.za and a major marketing drive to solicit entries commenced this past weekend.
We submit press releases on behalf of clients.
Latest press releases
- The Flavours of Africa: Cultural Cooking and Continental Cuisine!
- Flamenco Dance “From Triana to Granada” at Artscape
- Celebrating Our Favourite Hero’s This Father’s Day
- Reason to celebrate on Africa Day as free trade agreement opens new possibilities
- Jameson’s Month of Comedy refined and re-imagined by RAPT Creative