BREAKING NEWS: John Deere Launches New Ecommerce Website for PartsSubmitted by MyPressportal Team
- John Deere announces new e-commerce parts website
- Platform will enable 24-hour online shopping
- Website to launch 1 February 2022
- A complete end-to-end solution with online checkout and deliver/collection options
BOKSBURG, SOUTH AFRICA, 1 February 2022 - John Deere Africa Middle East announced their new e-commerce platform for parts sales today. This e-commerce solution will allow customers to purchase parts 24-hours a day.
John Deere is one of the first original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) in the agricultural industry that will offer customers the entire end-to-end experience of buying parts online.
Goals of the Platform
John Deere actively supports the performance, uptime, and decreased cost of operations for our farmers.
“With the new online shopfront, farmers can shop for parts during season, minimising downtime,” says Janalize van Buuren, Director Aftermarket & Customer Support. “Should a machine fail in the field late at night, farmers do not have to wait until the next day to order the part from their closest dealer, they can order it online, via their phone or computer. The dealer will have the part ready the following morning for collection or delivery, increasing uptime and lowering expenses.”
Launching of the Platform
“The aim is not to replace our brick-and-mortar stores, but to increase our customer’s uptime, productivity and through that lower their costs,” says Janalize van Buuren, Director Aftermarket & Customer Support. “The online store does not replace our dealerships, instead we are strengthening our dealer network by providing them with an additional sales and marketing channel they do not currently have.”
Why this E-commerce Solution?
Over the past 24 months, statistics have shown that the e-commerce industry has grown rapidly partly fueled by Covid-19, and, with more and more customers turning online for their shopping needs, John Deere is supporting their customers changing shopping behavior by offering the convenience to buy selected parts for John Deere equipment online.
It’s all about the convenience of shopping online. “We want to support our farmers and make shopping for parts a seamless experience, no matter what time of day or night,” says Jaco Beyers, Director Sales and Marketing.
What has Changed?
Previously, customers were only able to purchase via 96 South African Dealerships.
“What’s great about this concept is that we are contributing to a growing sector and not replacing one that is thriving. We’re growing, creating awareness, building our brand, whilst also including more urbanised customers,” says Janalize. “Our John Deere merchandise, popular with the younger generation, will also be sold on the new shopfront, through the current supplier.”
How will the new shopfront work?
The new John Deere online parts store offers a simple-to-use interface:
- Customers will browse the website and log in when ready to purchase
- Customers will choose the closest branch to them
- Customers will order parts, select their delivery/collection options and pay online through the complete online check-out process
- The John Deere Dealership will fulfil the customers’ orders
- Courier will be arranged (catering specifically to farm deliveries) to collect the parcel at the dealership
- Customers will be notified once their order has been collected. As soon as delivery takes place, the order will be listed as completed
When and Where?
This platform will launch in South Africa and from 1 February 2022, you can visit https://parts.deere.africa to experience the new online shopfront and order your parts.
Find out More
For any queries or additional information, please contact us at (012) 030 3057.
About John Deere
With a rich history of more than 140 years in South Africa, John Deere is a trusted, world-renowned leader in producing turf, agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery solutions with state-of-the-art precision technology. With its continued focus to strengthen its presence throughout the Africa Middle East region (“AME”), John Deere AME serves its customers through more than 196 dealer touchpoints across Africa Middle East and support its Dealer Network with a Regional Parts Distribution center in South Africa as well as sales and marketing offices in South Africa and Kenya.
Committed to delivering a distinctive customer experience coupled with solutions-driven advice from its authorised dealer network and John Deere Financial Solutions, John Deere AME promotes food security while actively driving a successful and inclusive agricultural community whilst supporting the growth of Africa via its construction and forestry solutions.
With core values of integrity, quality, commitment and innovation, John Deere AME remains dedicated to the success of its customers, to those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world's dramatically increasing need for food, clothes, shelter and infrastructure.
We submit press releases on behalf of clients.
Latest press releases
- Telkom launches Endless Fibre
- 6 tips on how to get back your inner strength and start living your most remarkable life
- Rosebank Mall gets technical with new store
- John Deere Introduces New Articulated Dump Truck To Southern Africa Market
- Grade 11 Treverton College students been invited as ambassadors for conservation fundraising initiative the Rhino Peak Challenge